Suggested theme: Beyond History: The Radiance of the Short Story. Please note that contestans may write on any subject they deem appropriate. Guidelines will be strictly adhered to.
• Word count: 2,000 to 3,000 words. Times Roman 12 pt. 1 inch margins.
• Short stories in English or English translation. Two stories maximum.
• Stories must not bear any identifying information and must be sent as an attachment in .doc, .rtf
• Subject of the email: Short Story Contest, 2018
• Include name, contact details and title of work in the body of the email. If translated, name of
• Translator must be indicated in the body of the email only.
• Entries must not have been previously published online (includes personal blogs, etc.) or in print. There may be exceptions for those stories published exclusively in another language and which have not been translated. Please contact Dr. Lee for these exceptions.
The Conference reserves the right to utilize stories in support of the Society in any way deemed appropriate which may include publication in an anthology.
Stories submitted and accepted for the anthology, may not be submitted for the short story contest, because it will violate the rules of the anthology.
Writers retain copyright and after the Conference are free to have their stories published elsewhere.
Entry fee: 15€ per story. Non-refundable. Via online payment form - please see Registration. For those not attending the conference, just choose the appropriate entry.
Stories for which an entry fee has not been paid will not be considered.
Judge: Clark Blaise
Prizes: 1st prize 500€, 2nd prize 250€, 3rd prize 150€.
The organizers reserve the right not to award the prizes, or to reduce the prize money, if, in their opinion, such action is justified for any reason.